Campus of International Excellence
This expanded notion of heritage includes, in addition to traditional concepts (architecture, town planning, property, archeology, paleontology, documentary and bibliographic heritage), more recent aspects of integration such as: landscaping, engineering and public works, natural heritage and linguistic heritage and immaterial heritage. Also it is included in the cluster all aspects (theoretical, historical and practical) of the now called Museum Studies.
Their priority lines of research:
- Methodology of interdisciplinary work on heritage.
- Criterion and philosophy of conservation and restoration of cultural property, along with the techniques and methods of intervention.
- Heritage management. Cultural tourism and social and physical accessibility to heritage and museums.
- Museum studies. History and evolution of the museum institution.
- Legislation and regulations to protect heritage.
- Cultural landscape and territory as new economic considerations.
- Establishing a laboratory network.
International Centre for Heritage Studies (CIESP)
Project under development
News of the cluster
- Workshop of Philosophical landscapes "Memory and city"
- Successful outcomes of the PICATA workshop held on 12, 13 and 14 of February
- CSIC postgrade course: the preservation of the geomaterials used in heritage (3rd edition)
- Mª Ángeles Querol, a Professor of Prehistory, is the new coordinator of the Heritage Cluster for the UCM
- PICATA WORKSHOP || February 2013