Campus of International Excellence
In agreement with the concept of social responsibility proposed by the EU (Green Book), and with the Sustainable Development Strategy (ESDS), this objective implies the commitment of the campus to social, environmental and economic aspects, which go beyond what is legally required, and are complementary to current legislation.
Included in this strategic objective is the proposal to draw up and implement a plan to define and manage the social responsibility and sustainability of the campus, outline its content, its application and metrics, and determine internal and external monitoring and follow-up systems. The intention is that this objective will be met in dialogue with all stakeholders, both on and off campus.
Specific objectives are to:
- Implement a management plan for social responsibility and sustainability of the campus.
- Encourage socially responsible values on the campus.
- Promote the participation and co-responsibility of all stakeholders involved.
- Systematise the evaluation of activities and results achieved.
- Regenerate the campus from a landscape, eco-planning, architectonic and social viewpoint.
- Encourage environmentally friendly and healthy principles and life styles among students, teaching and non-teaching staff on campus.
- Encourage the use of sustainable transport on campus.
- Optimise energy use.
- Reinforce a culture of risk prevention at work.
- Promote development cooperation and volunteer training and participation.
- Intensify the integration of the campus into the city of Madrid.
El Campus Moncloa junto con el Consorcio Urbanístico de la Ciudad Universitaria de Madrid, el Consorcio Regional de Transportes de Madrid y la Delegación Rectoral para el Medio Ambiente de la UCM han puesto en marcha el Plan de Movilidad Sostenible de la Ciudad Universitaria.